- Project manager: Moinard & Bétaille Agency
- Project owner: Cartier Patrimoine
- Location: Focus féminin in the Sowwah Galleria store, U.A.E
- Project: Mixed-materials fresco in mosaic and lacquer, in collaboration with atelier Midavaine
- Surface area: Height 3,60m x length 2,60m
- Delivery: September 2022
I was given a new commision by the Cartier Patrimoine team, in collaboration with the agence Moinard & Bétaille to create a mixed-materials fresco, in mosaic and lacquer, for the Cartier store in Abu Dhabi.
The city is the capital of the United Arab Emirates, where a variety of landscapes intermingle ; the desert, placed in the lower part of the fresco, with its warm tones, sits alongside a fertile oasis, an archipelago of islands and mysterious mangrove forests, symbolised by luxuriant foliage tesserae in yellow, white and platinum gold. In the upper part of the fresco, a falcon glides, the national bird of the U.A.E., rooted in the culture, and a symbol of strength, courage, determination but also grace, its golden feathers capturing and reflecting light in the space amongst the palm trees, assembled in mother of pearl tesserae, in a cameo of immaculate white tones.